Tianjin Airlines to set up new airline Beibu Gulf Air in Nanning

Update:30 Jul 2014


Wuxu International Airport in Nanjing will provide a base for the new airline.

Tianjin Airlines, a subsidiary of Hainan Airlines, recently got clearance from the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) to establish Beibu Gulf Air, a new airline in Nanning, the capital of south China’s Guangxi region.

According to the statement on the website of China’s aviation authority, Tianjin Airlines will invest RMB2.1 billion for a 70% stake in the new airline. The remaining 30% stake will be held by Guangxi Beibu Gulf Investment Group, a state-owned corporation in Guangxi.

Beibu Gulf Air will be based at Nanning’s Wuxu International Airport, and will mainly operate Embraer’s E190 jets. Initially the carrier will provide domestic passenger and cargo services, as well as international services to nearby countries from Nanning.

Tianjin Airlines, already based in Nanning, provides scheduled services out of Wuxu International Airport using E190 regional jet. In a move to step up cooperation with local government, the carrier is looking to jointly launch a new carrier.

Beibu Gulf Air will be the second local carrier in Guangxi region, following Guilin Airlines, which will be established by Hainan Airlines and Guilin’s government.

Founded in 2009, Tianjin Airlines currently operates a fleet of over 80 aircraft on route to 90 cities in China and South Korea.

SOURCE: www.traveldailymedia.com

Comments List
Your name:
Validation Code:
Comments: